Title: Research Series Coordinator (3 month contract)
Starting Contract: $1,560.00
Timeline: January 1st – March 31st, 2021 (averaging 20 hrs/month)
Young Lungs Dance Exchange is a not-for-profit artist-run support organization committed to the development, creation and presentation of contemporary dance and performance on Treaty 1 Territory, Winnipeg, MB.
YLDE’s Research Series is designed to support the creative processes of artists from all disciplines engaging in dance and/or movement-based research, by providing resources such as artists fees, rehearsal space, and public presentation opportunities. The purpose of the residency is to allow for in-depth research, critical thinking, risk-taking, professional development, skill enhancement, and an exchange of ideas. YLDE is committed to nurturing the beginnings of the creative process with this Artist-In-Residency program.
We’re looking for a Research Series Coordinator to manage all aspects of the 2021 Research Series. The ideal candidate will share with us a love for dance and the belief that dance should hold a vital and valued place in society. As well, they will have an excitement for the creative process, project planning, and engaging with people.
RESPONSIBILITIES of YLDE’s RESEARCH SERIES COORDINATOR
- Report to Managing Artistic Director
- Collect all necessary materials from all Research Series participants to promote the Research Series (Ex. Headshots, bios, etc)
- Liaise with contractors (Marketing & Communications Director, Research Series Tech Support, etc.)
- Liaise with selected artists to ensure all needs are being met, including technical support for virtual based projects and activities
- Collect photo consent from participants and the public at events
- Liaise with, and maintain positive relations to all those connected to YLDE (contractors, artists, funders, partners, stakeholders, etc.)
- Work within and maintain Research Series budget
- Maintain an organized filing system for all Research Series related documents
- Monitor and respond to emails
- Monitor work hours, budgeting time appropriately for work dense periods
- Oversee all Research Series activity
- Secure appropriate studio space/venues, and work with the online platform ‘Zoom’
- Working with Research Series Technical Support, ensure all technical needs are being met for virtual based activities
- Working with Marketing & Communications Director, ensure all promotional material is being sent out in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure all necessary accessibility needs are being met
- Respond appropriately to evolving MB COVID-19 protocols
- Create rehearsal schedules for all participating artists in the Research Series as needed
- Administer contracts at the direction of Managing Artistic Director
- Organize and schedule public showings, and workshops
- Hire, and ensure proper documentation is taken for all Research Series event
- Work with EventBrite and organize registration for virtual events
- Coordinate volunteers and event staff needed for public activities
- Keep track of numbers, significant learnings/events, and write a final report summarizing the 2021 Research Series
QUALIFICATIONS for YLDE’s RESEARCH SERIES COORDINATOR
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong independent work ethic, and excellent organizational skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Must be highly adaptable and able to work collaboratively
- Must have a love for communicating with people, and deep respect for art
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends to attend events
- Must have an understanding of the online platform ‘Zoom’
- Must have access to wifi, work space, and a working computer
- Must have experience in event planning and coordination
- Experience working in dance, performance, and/or the arts is an asset
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Must have expertise in the areas of correspondence, time-management, budget keeping, and scheduling
Our Board of directors, Natasha Torres-Garner, Johanna Riley, Ali Robson, Alex Ramos, Jill Groening, Susie Burpee, Trevor Pick, Kayla Jeanson, and Hillarie Tasche, welcomes all humans to participate in YLDE activities, and strives to work on/with accessible platforms, and in physically accessible studios and venues. YLDE has a zero tolerance policy for any racial discrimination, transphobia, gender discrimination, misogyny, bullying, or sexual harassment. YLDE strives to be a safer space for everyone.
YLDE is committed to the principle of equitable access to employment, and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. We encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter.
If you are interested and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by end of day, Tuesday, December 8th, 2020 to Natasha Torres-Garner, Board Chair, Young Lungs Dance Exchange.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: YLDE Research Series Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Photo by Omid Moterassed, 2019.