YLDE Residency Coordinator Call — July 2022
Title: Residency Coordinator (32 Week Contract)
Starting Contract: $6,000
Timeline: August 22, 2022 – March 31, 2023 (averaging 7.5 hrs/week)
Young Lungs Dance Exchange is a not-for-profit artist-run support organization committed to the development, creation and presentation of contemporary dance and performance on Treaty 1 Territory, Winnipeg, MB.
YLDE’s Residency Programs are designed to support the creative processes of artists engaging in dance and movement based projects, by providing resources such as artists fees, mentorship, resources, and public presentation opportunities.
We’re looking for a Residency Coordinator to manage The Screen Dance Mentorship Residency Program running from September-December 2022 and the Research Residency slated to run January-March 2023. The ideal candidate will share with us a love for dance and the belief that dance should hold a vital and valued place in society. As well, they will have an excitement for the creative process, project planning, and engaging with/caring for people.
RESPONSIBILITIES of YLDE’s RESEARCH SERIES COORDINATOR
- Report to Co-Directors
- Collect all necessary materials from all Residency participants to promote the Residency (Ex. Headshots, bios, etc)
- Liaise with selected artists to ensure all needs are being met
- Collect photo consent from participants and the public at events
- Liaise with, and maintain positive relations to all those connected to YLDE (contractors, artists, funders, partners, stakeholders, etc.)
- Work within and maintain Residency budgets
- Maintain an organized filing system for all Residency related documents
- Monitor and respond to emails
- Monitor work hours, budgeting time appropriately for work dense periods
- Oversee all Residency activity
- Secure appropriate studio space/venues, and work with the online platform ‘Zoom’
- Working with Technical Support, ensure all technical needs are being met for virtual based activities
- Working with Co-Directors, ensure all promotional material is being sent out in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure accessibility needs are being met
- Respond appropriately to evolving MB COVID-19 protocols
- Create rehearsal schedules for all participating artists in the Research Series as needed
- Administer contracts at the direction of Co-Directors
- Organize and schedule public presentations and workshops
- Hire, and ensure proper documentation is taken for all Public events
- Work with ‘EventBrite’ and organize registration for public events
- Coordinate volunteers and event staff needed for public activities
- Keep track of numbers, significant learnings/events, and write a final report summarizing these details including naming all partners, artists, volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS for YLDE’s RESIDENCY COORDINATOR
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong independent work ethic, and excellent organizational skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Must be highly adaptable and able to work collaboratively
- Must have a love for communicating with people, and deep respect for art
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends to attend events
- Must have an understanding of the online platform ‘Zoom’
- Must have access to wifi, work space, and a working computer
- Must have experience in event planning and coordination
- Experience working in dance, performance, and/or the arts is an asset
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Must have expertise in the areas of correspondence, time-management, budget keeping, and scheduling
YLDE is committed to the principle of equitable access to employment, and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. We encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter.
If you are interested and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by end of day, Sunday, August 14th, 2022 to Jillian Groening, Interim Co-Director, Young Lungs Dance Exchange.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: YLDE Residency Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Young Lungs Dance Exchange (YLDE) is located in Winnipeg, MB on Treaty 1 Territory. Our Board of Directors, Kayla Jeanson, Sam Penner, Yuri Karube, Susie Burpee, Neilla Hawley, Jennifer Otisi, Johanna Riley, and Ella Steele welcomes all humans to participate in YLDE activities, and strives to work on/with accessible platforms, and in physically accessible studios and venues. YLDE has a zero tolerance policy for any racial discrimination, transphobia, gender discrimination, misogyny, bullying, or sexual harassment. YLDE strives to be a safer space for everyone.