Call for Board Treasurer
Title: Board Treasurer
Board Term: 2 years
Volunteer Hours: Averaging 5-10 hours a month
Meeting Location: Online over Zoom
Start: As soon as possible
Young Lungs Dance Exchange (YLDE) is a not-for-profit artist-run support organization committed to the development, creation and presentation of contemporary dance and performance on Treaty 1 Territory, Winnipeg, MB. More info: https://younglungs.ca/about/
YLDE seeks a motivated individual to fill the role of treasurer on our volunteer board of directors. Our artist-run organization is looking forward to welcoming someone with a large degree of financial savvy. Ideally, we would love to work with a Certified Professional Accountant to assist us in our organization’s financial goals. The ideal candidate will share with us a love for dance and the desire to support the evolution of dance in Manitoba.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF YLDE’S BOARD TREASURER
- Oversee annual budgets created and presented by Managing Artistic Director
- Check in with Managing Artistic Director one week prior to board meetings, prompting Quarterly Financial Update, so that a proper review of the budget by the Treasurer can occur before the board meeting
- Assist in providing the board with a greater understanding of the financial condition of the organization by reporting on the statements at board meetings
- Ensuring that the books of account and accounting records of the organization are kept as required by law
- Reviewing the audited financial statements and reporting on them at the organization’s Annual General Meeting
Our Board of directors, Johanna Riley, Jill Groening, Susie Burpee, Trevor Pick, Kayla Jeanson, Hillarie Tasche, Jennifer Otisi, and Sam Penner welcomes all humans to participate in YLDE activities, and strives to work on/with accessible platforms, and in physically accessible studios and venues. YLDE has a zero tolerance policy for any racial discrimination, transphobia, gender discrimination, misogyny, bullying, or sexual harassment. YLDE strives to be a safer space for everyone.
YLDE is committed to the principle of equitable access to opportunities, and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. We encourage you to self-identify in your email to us.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email us with a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in joining our board by end of day, Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 to Zorya Arrow, Managing Artistic Director, Young Lungs Dance Exchange.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line YLDE Board Treasurer. We thank all candidates for their expression of interest.